A: Code 9100 could indicate a form of radio wave interference or a problem with the efficient communication with your color sensing device.
Here are a few common steps to reduce the potential for interference.
• Avoid using Bluetooth devices near common sources of interference, such as power cables, microwave ovens, fluorescent lights, wireless video cameras, WiFi enabled smart devices, and cordless phones.
• Remove any external case from your mobile device.
• Reduce the number of active devices that use the same wireless frequency band. Both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices use the 2.4 GHz band, but many Wi-Fi devices can use the 5 GHz band instead. If your Wi-Fi router supports both bands, it might help to connect more of your Wi-Fi devices to the 5GHz band. Some dual-band routers manage this automatically.
• Avoid physical obstructions in the path of your connection signal. For example, a metal surface between your color sensing device and mobile phone could cause our app to perform poorly, and a metal-reinforced concrete floor or wall could cause poor performance.
• Move your USB 3 or Thunderbolt 3 devices—including any USB hubs—farther away from your color sensing device. Alternatively, use a high-quality, shielded USB or Thunderbolt 3 cable with each device.
A: Spectro 1 comes with a 30 day return policy and 1 year manufacturer's warrenty against any defects.
A: Spectro 1 differs from normal spectrophotometers in price, portability, and software. At $300, Spectro 1 costs only a fraction of the price of standard spectros with bluetooth capabilities that allow for untethered color communication between instrument and database.
A: Unless the Spectro 1 is damaged, it is very unusual to see a degradation of performance. To verify accuracy of Spectro 1, the user can check against know color swatches from brands listed in our app.
A: Once the Spectro 1 device has been received, the user can scan and save color standards then periodically check against the color standards. Please keep in mind that physical color standards may drift over time.
A: Spectro 1 will blend a multi-colored measurement surface within the 8mm diameter measurement area.
A: If a match is less than 1 dE, a touch up project can be considered. Extreme care must be taken with sheen selection and color production during mixing.
A: Base version of the Spectro app is FREE. More advanced features and color libraries are offered under our subscription plans.
A: Custom colors can be saved and using Variable Cloud the saved colors can be packaged into new custom color libraries
If you can't find what you're looking for, drop us a line.